About the Program
While the majority of jobs in the sports management area are related to fitness, MNU prepares you to be more than a coach, trainer or marketer - we teach you how to be a business leader.
YOU WILL LEARN
- You will choose an emphasis in either Communication, Business or Fitness.
- You’ll study topics such as ethical leadership, diversity awareness, teamwork and community.
- You will complete an internship during a semester of your junior or senior year.
Faculty advisors network on a local and national level and encourage you to dream big when it comes to internships. The best part? It’s common for sports management students to be hired by the same company they completed their internship with. You will graduate with a minimum of 180 internship hours that will make you extremely marketable in today’s competitive job world.
YOU SHOULD KNOW
This major is perfect for our many student athletes. Many Sports Management majors have been associated with the sports industry their whole life and want to continue to be around sports. It’s a great way to tie sports and academics together.
This degree allows you to do something professionally that you absolutely love. With eight successful athletic teams on campus, the opportunity to put what you learn in the classroom into real-world sports business scenarios is built into our program.
We require all students to become members of the professional organization Kansas Action for Healthy Kids. We also encourage you to join:
- AAHPERD-American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- NASSM-North American Society for Sport