Professor of Teacher Education
Local Preaching License, Kansas City District, Church of the Nazarene
PhD; Educational Philosophy and Foundation, 2003, University of Kansas
MA; Curriculum Instruction and Secondary Language Arts, 1993, University of Kansas
BA; Secondary English Language Arts, 1984, MidAmerica Nazarene University
“Romans 12:1-2a speaks to the creative power of Christ. Each new day begins anew and God is continually transforming us into who we were meant to be if we allow ourselves to be wholly used by God. There is a sense in the original Greek that this transforming process is a continual process not once and done as it seems in the English. That means for me, no matter what age I am, or where I am in my walk with Christ, I can always change, grow and embrace more fully Christ and all that He has in store for me. It also means when I goof up, Christ is there with forgiveness, mercy and love to begin again with me."
- Alexander, L. (Fall, 2004). CHOICE: How to Evangelize Your Friends. Carved in Stone Organization. Online. (Children's curriculum)
- Alexander, L. (June, 2002). Outcomes Based Education. Didache. Online.
- Alexander, L. (Summer, 2011). To Teach is to Touch the Future: The Lasting Impact of Nazarene Teacher Educators. The Pole Project.
- Various other devotions and children’s instructional lessons for several organizations and activities.
- Curriculum Development and Assessment workshops to various groups of educators, educational administrators and community leaders in Bulgaria. February 2011.
- Effective Teachers and Leaders sub-committee report to the Kansas State Board of Education. December 2010.
- Secondary Reading Strategies and Instructional Strategies for Secondary Teachers. Nassau, Bahamas, January 2006.
- Secondary Reading Strategies. Gardner-Edgerton Professional Development In-Service Day. August 2004.
- Outcomes Based Education. Faculty Development Conference for the International Board of Education for the Church of the Nazarene at the Grove City Conference. Grove City, Ohio, June 10-16, 2001.
- Taught English Educational Methods and General Teaching Methods to Chinese Teachers of English. Changsha, China in the Hunan Province at the Changsha Teacher Education College in July 2000.
Involvement at MNU
- Writing Grants for the Teacher Education Department. Have raised $8 million thus far for the Teacher Education Department.
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
78266 Büsingen, Germany
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.