Neil O. Friesland
Kansas K-12 Special Education (Mental Retardation)
Kansas 7-12 Biology
Kansas 7-12 General Science
BA; Biology Education, 1992, MidAmerica Nazarene University
MEd; Education, 1999, MidAmerica Nazarene University
EdD; Special Education, 2010, University of Kansas
“The students are the heart and soul of MNU. The relationships I have with students have made me a better person and has made MNU a better place.”
—Neil O. Friesland
- Friesland, N.O. (2013). Post secondary experience for a student with downs syndrome: A look into the first semester. National Association of Developmental Disabilities(NADD) Bulletin. August 2013
- Friesland, N.O. & King, B. (2012). Postsecondary Education Experience for Students with Developmental Disabilities: A look into perceptions of parents of senior high transition students on a small university campus. Journal of American Association of Special Education teachers. Winter 2012.
- Friesland, N.O. (2010) Formative Assessment as perceived by teachers. Dissertation. The University of Kansas.
- Friesland, N.O. (2001). Impact of faculty on student life. Koinonia. Association of Christians in Student Development. Spring 2001.
- The University of Kansas/Kansas Department of Education Strategies for Educational Improvement Conference. Presentation title: Developing Positive Teacher-Student-Parent Relationships in and out of the Classroom. June 14, 2013
- The American Association for Colleges of Teacher Education (AACTE) 2013 Annual Conference, Orlando, FL. Presentation title: Partnering with local school districts to meet the needs of students diagnosed with developmental disabilities.
- The Latino Coalition in the Olathe USD 233 School District. Issues in Special Education as relates to Hispanics and minorities entering college. March 26, 2013
Involvement at MNU
- Freshman Seminar Instructor
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.