Yorton Clark Jr.
EdD; Higher Educational Administration and Leadership, 2010, Saint Louis University
MA; Public Administration/Health Services, 1993, University of Missouri in Kansas City
BA; Business Administration/Management, 1984, Oklahoma Wesleyan University
“Teaching and mentoring are of great importance and an awesome responsibility as they directly affect the future of others, and I have an opportunity every day to impact and influence young adults with academic, emotional, spiritual and career growth and development.”
—Yorton Clark Jr.
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Chi Donald Metz Award - Faculty Member of the Year for Distinctive Academic Contributions 2004-05
- Layman of the Year Award - Kansas Wesleyan District 2002
- Delta Mu Delta - Honorary Member 2001
- Dissertation “Institutionalizing Service- Learning Programming in Faith-Based College and Universities”, published 2010.
- Article in the Post-Summit Journal Report, “Job Retention and Interview Skill Training for Inmates”, published February 2008.
- Presented a paper on “The Development and Usage of an Evaluation Tool for Higher Education Service-Learning Programming” at the Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA) Annual Conference, 2012.
- Speaker at the Annual National Nazarene Student Leadership Conference (NSLC) “Why Teams Struggle: The Ultimate Leadership Crisis”, 2013.
- Presented doctoral dissertation at the MNU Presidential Round Table, "Institutionalizing Service-Learning in Faith-Based Colleges and Universities", 2011.
- Conducted a pre/post survey, wrote a report and presented an academic poster on “Pre/Post survey on Students Attitudes about Criminality, Reform and Recidivism”, 2009.
- Presented a paper on “Service-Learning Project - Job Retention and Interview Skill Training for Inmates”, Greater Kansas City Summit on Service-Learning, Leadership, and the Unscripted Future, 2008.
Involvement at MNU
- Faculty Advisor for the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLC) chapter at MNU
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Santa Fe Commons Site
13563 South Mur-len Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062
North Kansas City Hospital
2800 Clay Edwards Drive
North Kansas City, MO 64116
78266 Büsingen, Germany
Most University offices are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.