MNU is a place where young people come to be transformed through the renewing of the mind. Faculty are encouraged to simultaneously fan the flame of scholarship and devotion to Christ, and students see the unity at the heart of our university.Tyler Blake
Awards & Honors
- Who's Who Among American University Professors
- Honorable Mention, UMKC Dissertation of the Year, 1998
- 1998—Sinclair Lewis's Kansas City Laboratory: The Genesis of Elmer Gantry.
- Additionally, I have published over 200 articles, book reviews, book jackets, and lesson plans for various publications including Holiness Today Magazine, Total, Resource, Survival Guide, and WordAction, among others.
- 2008—Panel Chair, Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Convention
- 2007—“Evangelical Impulses in The Supernanny” Cowritten with Dr. James Bell, read at The Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Conference
- 2006—“Stages in the Life of a Genre: Reality TV’s Refusal to Die an Early Death,” read at The Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Conference
- 2006—Session Moderator, “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s and Huck Finn” Literary Descendants, Faulkner and Twain Conference, Southeast Missouri State University
- 2006—Panel Chair, Southwest/Texas Popular Cultural Convention
Involvement at MNU
- Faculty Scholarship Group