Arts & Humanities
The Arts and Humanities Department offers intellectually rigorous programs designed to foster your creativity and promote your aesthetic literacy. Our faculty are strong pedagogues with stellar educational backgrounds, committed to bringing out the best in you.
arts & humanities
DEPARTMENT OF ARTS & HUMANITIES
MNU Arts & Humanities department offers two scholarship opportunities: Music and Theatre. Music major scholarships and/or music ensemble participation scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Music Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition. Theatre major scholarships are available to exceptional students who complete the Theatre Scholarship Application Form and perform a successful audition.
The audition experience is an opportunity for prospective students to demonstrate their level of musical/theatrical skill in the prospective student’s major (and possibly secondary) performance area, and meet the faculty.
All upcoming auditions are in person on the campus of MidAmerica. If you are unable to come to campus, please contact us at email@example.com.
Audition dates for 2022-2023 are as follows:
- Saturday, November 5, 2022
- Saturday, November 12, 2022
- Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Saturday, February 11, 2023
- Friday, March 3, 2023 (Evening Audition)
- Saturday, April 15, 2023
- Saturday, May 13, 2023
Music Audition Requirements
- Fill out Music Scholarship Application Form.
- Prepare a solo piece which best demonstrates skills in the primary performance area. Vocal selections should be memorized, and there is no requirement to sing in a foreign language.
- At the scheduled audition, demonstrate fundamental musical knowledge through a variety of diagnostic exercises, including sight-reading.
- Optional: Prepare one solo piece in a secondary performance area.
- Percussionists perform on at least two instruments: snare drum, timpani, keyboard percussion, drumset.
Additional Requirements for Music Majors
- Perform a second solo piece in a style contrasting to the first.
- If not primarily a pianist, demonstrate proficiency, if any, at the piano.
- If not primarily a vocalist, sing a song of your choice.
Theatre Audition Requirements
- Fill out Theatre Scholarship Application Form
- Prepare two contrasting 90 second monologues OR a 32-bar musical theatre piece and one 90 second monologue
- At the scheduled audition, be prepared to share your theatre experience and cold read from several scripts