Skip to content

School Counseling Plus+

The Master of Arts in School Counseling Plus+ at MNU is designed to train you as a school counselor, plus…

  • Two licenses: School Counseling and Licensed Professional Counselor
  • up to 20% tuition discount with a  partnership.
  • 50% of our students are hired in their last year of the program on provisional licensure (KS only)
  • 100% of our students secure a job at the conclusion of the program
  • No previous teaching experience required (Parallel Pathways program)
  • Coursework in both professional counseling and school counseling


  • Meets on-site, day/evening hybrid or evening
  • Complete your Master’s degree in 33 months
  • Attend classes in Olathe

Our School Counseling Plus+ is for students whose passion for counseling is geared toward a desire to work with students as a school counselor. This track prepares you to provide excellence in counseling services to children in pre-K-12 settings. School counselors assist students and their families as well as other educators and administrators. Facilitating teamwork, counseling, teaching coping skills and dealing with developmental problems are just some of the issues you will encounter on a daily basis.

The course work of the entire counseling program prepares you to be a general counselor first and then adds classes specifically designed as a means of better preparing you for work within the area of school counseling.

The School Counseling program at MNU is unique because it allows school counselors the opportunity to have dual licensure: 

  1. School Counseling license through the Kansas Department of Education (Missouri will reciprocate this license); and 
  2. Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC) license through the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board. 

School counseling students will take the same core classes as those in the other two tracks allowing them the benefit of the same training as others who will obtain their LPC. Parallel Pathway candidates (those who do not have a professional teaching license) must take an additional 2 credit hours of field experience.


Register to attend

Attend MAC Information Session

Register to attend.