Men's Residence Halls
While freshmen enjoy life in our traditional Lanpher residence hall, our upperclassman Pioneers choose from among our apartments and suite-style buildings, as well. Resident Assistants live close by in every building to help get you connected, plan community events, and live life with you!
Traditional-style, male-only, underclassmen hall with rooms designed for either two or three students. There are 52 rooms in Snowbarger and 52 in Lanpher connected by a common lobby. Each room comes equipped with two beds that are bunkable, dressers and desks. Rooms are equipped with WiFi. Each wing has a communal bathroom. laundry room with free laundry, and a common living room.
Resident Educator – Matthew Lee
Preparing for the big move to college can be overwhelming! Let us help you out with some do’s and don’ts for packing.
These are suggestions for things to bring to make your room a comfortable place to live.
- For your room: sheets (XL twin), hangers, power strip, small vacuum, area rug or carpet (no carpet tape allowed), desk lamp and light bulbs, TV, trash can, storage boxes, small fan, full length mirror, pillow, mattress cover, closet organizers, 3M hooks to hang items
- For your desk: bookends, desk organizer, file box, stationery, stamps, envelopes, note pads, index cards, paper clips, tape, stapler, highlighter, pencils and pens, computer, USB flash drive, bookmarks, calculator, printer (each student receives a designated amount of free printing on campus each semester)
- Bathroom: shower caddy, shower shoes, toiletries.
Note: students living in the apartment-style or town homes will also want to bring a shower curtain
- Laundry and cleaning needs: laundry detergent, stain remover, laundry bag/basket, iron, ironing board, dish soap, trash bags, paper towels, sponge, glass cleaner
- Food and utensils: microwave, coffee maker, cups, mugs, eating utensils, can opener, bowls, plates, microwaveable cookware, small refrigerator (less than 4.3 cu. ft.), food storage.
Note: students living in Colony West, Draper or Ramsey may also want to bring pots, pans and other kitchen cookware.
- Everything else: batteries, flashlight, small tool set, alarm clock, umbrella, playing cards, board games, athletic equipment, sunglasses, backpack, overnight bag, bicycle, bug spray, insurance cards
To maintain a safe environment, we don’t permit you to bring:
- Pets (with the exception of fish)
- Lofting furniture
- Appliances with open heating coils such as toasters, hot plate, sandwich grills, George Foreman Grill (excluding apartments)
- Space heaters
- Ceiling fans
- Halogen lamps
- Paint for dorm room or apartment
- Shelves or items that must be mounted to the wall (3M hooks are fine; drilling into the walls is not allowed)
- Weight lifting equipment (Don’t worry, that’s what Land Gym is for!)
- Tobacco products or alcoholic beverages
- Bows, knives and firearms—including paintball/air soft guns*
- Hunting Equipment*
- Mattresses/bed frames
*You may, however, store your hunting firearms and all weapons with the campus police office. Weapons by definition include hunting knives, swords, martial arts equipment, fencing gear, balloon launchers, potato guns, and any item that shoots a projectile that is not named “Nerf”.
Explore other services or contact us to see how we can help you find the resources you need to succeed.