Making a Difference
MidAmerica Nazarene University
2030 E. College Way
Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Mon. – Fri. 8:00am – 5:00pm
Please note: Charitable gifts to MidAmerica Nazarene University are tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Annual Giving Options
Annual contributions are applied to the University Fund which supports an array of important initiatives including:
- Student Scholarships: University Fund gifts designated for scholarships help bridge the gap between the cost of a college education and what families can afford. Every dollar goes toward current student scholarships and programs. As loans and financial aid become increasingly scarce, more students need the scholarships available through the University Fund. In fact, 98 percent of our traditional undergraduate students rely on scholarships to attend MNU.
- Undesignated gifts: When you do not specifically indicate where your University Fund gift should be applied, these gifts are termed undesignated. This type of gift allows our staff to place the funds in the most critical areas and is often an answer to prayer.
- Designated gifts: When you specifically indicate where funds should be applied, these gifts are termed designated. For example, if you wanted to support the biology department’s equipment replacement fund, you would indicate such on the memo line of your check, and we will honor that request.
We hope you will prayerfully consider supporting the leaders of tomorrow with a gift to the University Fund. Your contribution of any amount can make a difference in our students’ lives!
Each year, MNU contacts friends, alumni, and parents for gifts to support the ongoing work of the University. Choosing to give to MNU each year, whatever the amount, is one of the best, most significant ways to demonstrate commitment to MidAmerica and its mission. In fact, the percentage of alumni and friends who give annually to MNU will likely influence corporations and foundations who may consider a large gift to MNU. Every gift makes a difference!
WHAT IS THE UNIVERSITY FUND?
The University Fund is the foundation of giving at MNU. The University Fund provides alumni, parents and friends an avenue to give unrestricted support to MNU and ultimately, provide scholarships to students. The opportunity to participate is provided through:
- a series of informative mailings
- the annual student phonathon
- online giving
- and matching gift opportunities.
WHY IS THE UNIVERSITY FUND IMPORTANT?
Gifts to the University Fund shape the future of MNU by providing funds for scholarships and programs. Your contributions to the University Fund help to bridge the difference between the total cost of attending MNU and the amount students pay out-of-pocket.
ARE THERE WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE UNIVERSITY FUND OTHER THAN MAKING GIFTS BY CASH OR CREDIT CARD?
While most contributions are made in the form of personal checks or credit card payments, gifts of appreciated securities (either stocks or mutual funds) can result in additional tax savings to you. You can deduct the market value of the securities, up to the established IRS limits, and you can avoid capital gains tax that is payable if you sold them. Other types of gifts take the form of gifts of personal property (collectibles, antiques, artwork, etc.), gifts of real estate, life insurance policies, gifts by will or bequest, and gifts in honor of or in memory of an individual.
Charter members of the Cornerstone Society have demonstrated their abiding commitment to the future of Christian higher education by making provisions for MidAmerica Nazarene University in their estate plans. Cornerstone Society Info
The President’s Circle honors the leadership and extraordinary support of alumni and friends for their cumulative giving over time. President’s Circle Societies include: Legacy Society, Founder’s Society, Heritage Society. President’s Circle Info
The University Club honors those individuals who have made annual scholarship gifts totaling $1,000 or more cumulatively during 2016 in support of MNU’s University Fund. University Club Info
Giving Tuesday is a single day that gives you an opportunity to support MNU. Giving back on December 1 will help us support faculty and students in a variety of areas across our campus.
December 1, 2020 is #MNUGivingTuesday. We are participating in this global day of giving that results in vital donations that help fund important projects within our campus community.
Join the movement, see the projects and use #MNUGivingTuesday to share why you give back!
Call 877-496-8668 OR 913-971-3600 to support your favorite #MNUGivingTuesday Project!
MNU’s Student Phonathon is an important program of the University Fund that connects current students with MNU alumni, friends and parents. Our student callers call over 10,000 prospects during their 7-week calling campaign each year, and last fall you contributed more than $56,000 to the University Fund scholarships through Phonathon.
Did you receive a call from one of our Phonathon callers already this calendar year and commit to making a pledge over the phone? Fulfill your commitment and make a gift today.
“There’s a definite change in the heart when we give. The Lord takes whatever you give and makes it work.”