The Campus Safety Department’s purpose is to serve the University community by providing a safe and secure atmosphere where learning can be accomplished.
This purpose is achieved through services such as:
- traffic and parking enforcement
- crime prevention patrol
- crowd control at special events
- building access
- unlocking doors
- motor assistance
- fire alarm response
- crime reporting
- rule enforcement
- participation in the University’s Emergency Operation Plan (EOP)
All Campus Safety officers are CPR and AED (automatic external defibrillator) certified
Campus Safety officers have full authority on University owned property, as well as the adjacent College Church owned property. The Campus Safety Office is not a certified law enforcement agency and officers do not have the authority to arrest. For a full description of Campus Safety functions, please refer to the Student Handbook.
Campus Alert System
MidAmerica Nazarene University has established an emergency Campus Alert System messaging service for members of our community including faculty, staff, students and their parents. This method of notification is a supplement to the University’s methods of issuing timely warnings in the event of a security threat on or near our campus. In addition, this messaging service will only be used in the event of an emergency; or to advise of changes in scheduling due to severe weather; or to perform periodic testing of the system.
NOTE: The MNU.edu e-mail address of all students, faculty and staff is automatically entered into the system but you must still take action to enroll yourself and further to register and activate your mobile phone (or alternative e-mail addresses). If it’s your first time entering the system and you have not already established a password you will need to do the following:
- Log in entering your full MNU email address, then click on “forgot password”.
- A link will be sent to your e-mail which will let you reset your password.
- Once your password is reset, go back to the login page and enter your full MNU email address and password.
- Add your mobile number. A 4-digit code will be texted to you.
- Enter the 4-digit code to confirm your cell phone number and proceed with the instructions given to complete the validation process.
Campus Safety Permit Applications
Campus Safety Disclosures
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act (Crime & Safety Reports)
MidAmerica Nazarene University complies with the federal statue known as The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act. Students, prospective students, employees, and prospective employees may request a copy of the most recent Campus Security Report from the office of MidAmerica Nazarene University Campus Safety Department, located in Land Gym, or by calling (913) 971-3299 or by downloading it below.
In compliance with the Federal regulations and the Clery Act, the Annual Fire, Safety, Crime Report includes crime statistics for the MNU Olathe Campus and MNU Liberty Campus areas over the previous three (3) years.
- 2021 Annual Security & Fire Safety Report
- 2021 Annual Clery Act Criminal Statistics & Fire Safety Report
- 2019 Biennial Report on Alcohol & Drug Education
Active Shooter Preparation & Training
Campus Safety recommends preparing for potential active shooter situations. Use the following resources to prepare and train.