- You will learn that the sports industry has many opportunities to get a great job.
- You will learn that there are 3 different tracks to the sports management program. (Sports Information track, Business track, or Sports Dynamics track.)
- Topics includes: leadership, communications, sports, teamwork, community, ethics, time management, and job search.
- Every student will complete an internship with a minimum 180 hours in their desired track.
- All sports management student will learn how to work within a group and be involved with planning, organizing, leading, and controlling events.
Faculty advisors’ network on a local and national level and encourage you to dream big when it comes to internships. What is the best part? It’s common for sports management students to be hired by the same company that they completed their internship with. You will graduate with a minimum of 180 internship hours that will make you extremely marketable in today’s competitive job world.
This major is perfect for our many student athletes. Many Sports Management majors have been associated with the sports industry their whole life and want to continue to be around sports. It’s a great way to tie sports and academics together.
This degree allows you to do something professionally that you absolutely love. With nine successful athletic teams on campus, the opportunity to put what you learn in the classroom into real-world sports business scenarios is built into our program.